The Unique Story Behind The Success Talos Energy In Oil Exploration

0

Posted by omeditors | Posted in Company, Management | Posted on 15-06-2018

Oil exploration is a multi-billion industry that has attracted investors from all parts of the world. Talos Energy is an oil exploration company that has invested in offshore hydrocarbons in Mexico and the US Gulf of Mexico. The company was established in 2012 and has been improving on the expansion program. In a recent news release, the company has officially moved from privatization to a public entity. The company announced its initial merger of over $2 billion with Louisiana’s Stone Energy.

This is a long process that has seen the two companies form common goals to improve profit margins. As such, Talos Energy holds the majority stake in the partnership of 63 percent while Louisiana’s Stone Energy holds the remaining 37 percent stake. The deal opens the largest offshore trading deal with Mexico where the two companies have invested heavily. Initially, Talos Energy was performing well on the New York Stock Exchange which necessitated the company to focus on the merger.

According to Timothy Duncan, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Talos Energy, the company is in a good position to invest in offshore investment owing to its good asset portfolios and the development of business opportunities. The company discovered the potential to invest big through a Zama discovery where the company won most of the bids in Mexico. This was made possible through the partnership with other companies in Mexico.

Initially, Talos Energy was formed in partnership with Apollo Global Management and Riverstone Holdings and its core responsibility was to buy assets in the Gulf of Mexico. The key focus was directed towards exploration, optimization, and exploitation of natural oil hubs. Through excellent leadership structures, the company has built private equity that has become successful in the recent years. As a strategy to remain in profit making process, Talos Energy sold Phoenix Exploration and Gryphon Exploration which made a good fortune that enabled the company to remain afloat.

The company has skilled manpower which ensures they remain above the rest by using unique techniques in the development of viable investment plans. As a result, Talos Energy remains one of the most profitable oil exploration companies in the United States of America.

To Read More Click Here

Write a comment